Pages

Saturday 22 August 2015

Weekend is always better than a day of school!

On the weekend my family and I went to the Valentine's to celebrate my cousin's birthday.

When we arrived there I was extremly excited because I couldn't wait to see him. We went inside, and my aunt the mother of the birthday boy said "Alu o kume a tabela." My mum said "Eo!" (Translation- Aunty, Go and find a table.- Mum said "Yes!" So we went and found a table near the window and while we we were sitting I felt shy because there were lots of people coming to the celebration.


Then it was prayer time. I said in my head while they were praying, thank you God for my family and please look after my cousin because it is his B-Day. Amen. Finally it was eating time I got some fish and chips, sushi, extra chips and a fanta drink. I sat down to eat quietly. I ate
 the sushi first because it is my favourite food in the whole entire world. I ate hungrily like a lion keeping the meat to himself. I drank fanta and it made my stomach very full because I ate yummy, yummy sushi and all my food on my plate.


It was time to open the presents. The first present was a cuddley pillow pet and a shape of a extremly big bee. He's second present was a Nike shoe with a big tick like how my teacher ticks my school work and the colour was red and white. His last present was a tablet with a white case. We ended the celebration with a prayer! 


After that we went back home safetly and sound. I hope that we can celebrate more bithdays with my cousins in a very special way just like the one we just attended.


Image result for cake     We are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our writing.
 I know I can do this when I use appropriate similes and verbs in my writing to make my writing more interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.