Pages

Wednesday 24 June 2015

Do you want to join my rugby team?

In the weekend I went to my rugby game at Marist Eastern. When I arrived there I searched for my team mates. After just a few moments, I found them.  Yay! I said to them, "Our warm up is passing, kicking and tackling". While we were warming up the referee said, "The game will start in twenty seconds." I felt disappointed but excited at the same time because I felt like our warm up was being cut short.

Then the game started. We kicked the ball to the other team and one of their players caught and ran as fast as lightning towards me. I tackled and lifted him up then dropped him on the ground.  I got a penalty. Damn it!!!

The ball is in the other team and they passed it onto their other team mates. I intercepted it and got a try.  I felt extremely proud and happy like my silly little sisters who were cheering for me!! After I scored a try, I passed the ball to Ollie and he passed it back to me so I kickked it out and it was half-time.

We were given a minute break to sort out our teams before the second half starts. When the second half started they kicked the ball so hard that it flew high like an aeroplane. Josh from our team jumped like a kangaroo and caught the ball in the air. He got tackled as soon as he landed so he had to release the ball to Leo and Leo passed it to the other Josh in our team. Josh passed the ball in a straght lineand it reached the wing. Our wing ran as fast as a cheetah and scored a try. (The score was 14-0).

I scored a try because I chased after the ball on the try line.

Next time, I will pass the ball to others so we can get more  tries. (The final score was 22-0).

We  are learing to understand and use descriptive language in our writing.
Image result for RugbyI know I can do this when I use appropriate similes and verbs in my recount. Image result for Rugby post

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.