Pages

Wednesday 1 July 2015

Do you want to join my rugby team?

On the weekend my family and I went to my rugby game at Orakei. 


When we arrived there I ran as fast as the wind to play kicks with my team mates. Our warm up started with kicks, passes and tackles for only three minutes. The referee  said, 'Warm up is over, it is game time.
The game started. 


They kicked the ball to us. Skips caught is and ran like a crazy bull and smashed, them like a recycling truck. 

But there were one of the players shoulder charge him. He got a penalty and got a yellow card mean 10 minutes out of the game. We picked to kick it to the goal posts. I drop kicked it and it went is! I was happy like my little sisters. It was half time.
The second half started. 


We kicked the ball to them and the ball went up in the air like a  flying bird. Josh jumped like a hopping bug and got the ball and got tackled. He released the ball to me and I grubbed the ball in a straight line and our wing Jack got the ball and got a try.They did not tackle me and I got a try! 



The final score was 82-0 


We  are learning to understand and use descriptive language in our writing.

I know I can do this when I use appropriate similes and verbs in my recount. 

1 comment:

  1. Malo e lelei, Patelesio,
    I like the way you put a lot of effort in this piece of writing. I also like the way you used some adverbs to describe your writing and how you used who, what, when ,where, and why.
    How many tries did you get?

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.